Last updated: 13 April 2020
Controller of personal information: SC We are United Like One SRL, Ramania, Galati, Domneasca Street, No. 13, Bl. L, Ap. 42, (“The Juice Bar”), is the data controller of personal information collected and processed through the The Juice Bar.
What Personal Information we collect
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve the Book Depository Services. The types of information we gather include:
- -Information you give us: we receive and store information you provide us when you use the The Juice Bar. For example, your name and address, purchases you make, payment details, competition entries, survey responses, and messages you send us.
- -Automatic information: we automatically receive and store certain types of information when you use The Juice Bar, including information about how you’ve used the site and what services you’ve interacted with. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your device accesses our website or other content served on our behalf on other websites.
- -Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources. For example, we may receive credit history information in order to help prevent and detect fraud, or payment confirmations from payment processors.
Purposes for which we process your personal information
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the The Juice Bar. These purposes include:
- -Purchase and delivery of products (e.g. processing payments and communicating with you about your orders, or for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service).
- -Recommendations and personalisation (e.g. to recommend products that might be of interest to you, and to personalise your experience).
- -Provide, troubleshoot, and improve The Juice Bar, and for internal record keeping.
- -Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information.
- -Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to the The Juice Bar via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- -Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, The Juice Bar, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- -Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- -We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers, or other information we think you may find interesting.
- -From time to time we may contact you for market research purposes.
Do we share your personal information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others.
- -Protection of The Juice Bar and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Juice Bar, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What about cookies?
Controlling your personal information
If you have any question or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please visit our Contact us page. Please also note:
- -If you are a registered user, you can update your personal information by logging in to your account.
- -If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other communication from us, you can change your contact preferences by simply clicking “My Account” at the top of the page and click “My contact preferences”. If you do not want to receive commercial marketing communications from us, please select your choices by using the boxes available on that page. Please note you will still receive transactional emails from us. For anything else, please Contact us.
- -Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please write to or email us via the Contact us page as soon as possible, or at the above address.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing please contact us via the Contact us page. You can file a complaint with our supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Keep Me Signed In
Choosing “Keep me signed in” reduces the number of times you’re asked to sign in on a specific device.
To keep your account secure, use this option only on your personal devices.
If you have lost your password, please go to the Login page and follow these steps:
- 1. Next to the Sign in option please click on “Forgot password?”
- 2. On the next page please enter your email address and the relevant security verification characters and select continue.
- 3. Once completed a reset password email will be sent with instructions on how to reset your password.
If you no longer have access to your e-mail address, you will have to set up a new account entirely.
Please note that resetting your password will not affect any of your existing orders.
We really don’t like the excitement of choosing a book we want to buy on a web site and then hitting a big login block at the checkout – so when we designed this site we thought we’d do away with it!
You don’t need to log into the checkout to buy and you do have an option right at the end to save your details for next time – to save even more time on the few forms there are. You can still track your orders with your order number and surname without an account – however you will need to set one up to view order history and maintain multiple delivery addresses, credit cards etc.
- -Recognising you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, and provide other customised features and services.
- -Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads.
- -Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- -Conducting research and diagnostics to improve The Juice Bar’s content, products, and services.
- -Preventing fraudulent activity.
- -Improving security.
- -Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests.
- -Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our services, for example by understanding what pages customers find useful.
The Juice Bar cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our website’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Basket, proceed to Checkout, or use any The Juice Bar products that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.